SOCIAL MEDIA

Café HAN:OK - Wonju, South Korea

Monday, June 28, 2021

 


For the two years I have lived here in Korea, I have always been immensely aware of the café culture but I didn’t have much interest. Now, I don’t know what has taken over me as of late, but café hopping has become my secret delight for the past couple of months.

I find myself on google and instagram doing extensive research on ‘scenic cafés’ , ‘pretty cafés’  ‘unique cafés’  and such. Although many of my readership seem to be outside of Korea for the moment, I still think it beneficial and useful to share my finds with you all, in the very chance you ever do decide to take a trip here! So here we go!

The first café I had the chance to explore was in Wonju, my current area of residence. Now, those who have visited Wonju may find it shocking to know that this café exists. A friend of mine who even attended university in this city for 4 years had no clue this café existed. It is quite well hidden, adding to its mystery.

 Café HAN:OK incorporates Korea’s traditional hanok-style architecture with the fusion of a modern and traditional interior feel, resulting in a really pleasurable experience. 


The exterior of the Café



The Interior of the Café



Ok, so for my first time, I did not take great pictures, they get better I promise you!! 
They had a decent drinks menu and a small selection of bakeries. Drinks included coffee based drinks, teas and ades. Their bakery included a selection of scones, mandarins and cakes. Unfortunately, there was no option of alternative milk such as oat or soy, but you can’t have everything so hey!

Name (Korean) :  카페 한옥
Name (English) : Café HAN:OK
Instagram : Café Han:OK
Location (Korean) : 강원도 원주시 판부면 내남송길 103
Location (English) : Gangwondo Wonju, Panbu-myeon, Naesong-gil 103, Wonju

There is also a restaurant adjoined to the café so you can enjoy a meal too. I hope you are able to visit one day as I had a very relaxing and pleasurable experience. Till the next one….

Speak Soon. Xx











Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts!
댓글 남겨줘서 감사합니다!