SOCIAL MEDIA

Café Scéne - Seoul, Seongsu

Saturday, July 10, 2021

 


In the second instalment of my café hopping series is this lovely place I found in Seongsu-dong, Seoul, also known as the Brooklyn of Seoul. I have never been to Brooklyn myself, so I cannot attest to the truth of this personally, but it is pretty café-d up in Seongsu! 

I came across this café whilst doing my research and knew I had to go! Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the whole rustic or ‘worn-out’ look, and the interior design of this café has that exact feel!

The Interior 

 
As you can see from the pictures above, it has that ‘unfinished’ ceiling look which gives it that whole ‘worn-out’ vibe I really like. It is extremely big inside with a large number of seating available. They also have a second floor, which only opens after 12pm. I had to be on the train just after 12 on that day so I was unable to visit the second floor, but I managed to take a picture of it from the outside (the third picture above). 

They also have a large seating area right outside of the café for those who would prefer to bathe in the sun during those rare hot, but not humid days in Korea. I wasn’t able to take a full shot of the outside seating area as there was a couple enjoying their date, and I didn’t want to disturb. However, it is still easy to get a glimpse of how big the seating area is outside from the picture below.


As soon as you enter the café, you are met with these structures upon which the really nice selection of bakeries reside.


From memory, I remember a selection of cookies, muffins, apple crumble, palmier, vegan cookies and muffins and some more. To be honest, I think this is the first café I have visited in Korea where I have found apple crumble!! So of course, that is exactly what I ordered!


I got the apple crumble and a vegan vanilla latte. The apple crumble was simply divine! I don’t know about you but when it comes to apple crumble, for me, the crumble needs to be significantly more than the apple haha, and they got that spot on!

As I mentioned above, they had a selection of vegan products as well as alternative milk, so that was an absolute plus for me. This is not because I am vegan (FAR FROM IT!! I love my meat!!) but it is because I can’t really have a lot of milk (and I also hate the way it smells) so I tend to order my drinks with soy or oat milk. Here is their menu below : 




I would definitely recommend this cafe, not only because it offers a wide range of bakeries, vegan options and alternative milk, but also because the staff are lovely, it has a really relaxing ambience and of course its rustic feel. If you do happen to go, do try to go after noon so you can visit the second floor and let us know how it is!! Additionally, it looks amazing at night, judging from pictures I have seen on the internet.

Name (Korean) :  쎈느
Name (English) : Scene
Instagram : **none it seems**
Location (Korean) : 서울특별시 성동구 연무장5길 20 (성수동2가 314-2)
Location (English) : 20 Yeonmujang 5-gil, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, Korea

Till the next one….

Speak Soon. Xx

P.S. Check out my instagram page for better quality pictures ;)













Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts!
댓글 남겨줘서 감사합니다!